Hello everyone and welcome to 2018. I had no resolutions for this year at all. If things continued to be like last year I would be happy. As long as I am healthy I am content. But as soon as 2018 started many things happened already that forced me to created a resolution. 2018 will be a financial discipline year for me. I have to be more careful on how I spend my money, savings and so forth.
Today I want to talk to you about my amazing find in the men’s department at H&M. I always had a curiosity to explore the men’s section in stores. At times they sell things that appear to be unisex, trending pieces that women can also wear, items that seem to be more durable and cheaper than women’ clothes.
With the oversize hype going on in the fashion industry more women are shopping in the men’s department to get the perfect oversized look since at times our “oversize” clothing is not big enough to perfectly fit the trend.
In terms of durability I feel that men’s wear don’t tear as quickly or shrink as fast as women’s wear. While shopping at H&M I came across a good sale of men’s button-up shirts. Since you cannot have too many button-up shirts I couldn’t leave this clothing item behind. The quality of this shirt is awesome I feel that it will last me a very long time. The dress shirts for women were $20 so finding this one for only $7 in the men’s department was a good deal.
Shirt – H&M Men’s
Jeans – Hollister
Heels – Zara
Sunglasses – Call It Spring
Non prescription glasses – Icing
Lip-gloss – Victoria Secret (Similar)
Tips for women when shopping in the men’s department/stores:
1– Be open minded
Don’t think that just because is men’s wear it won’t look good on you
2– Try on the item
Since men’s sizes are usually bigger than women’s make sure you always try the item
3– Reflect your style in the garment…
If you don’t want to look boyish put a spin into the garment by adding some very feminine pieces to go with it. For example: pretty accessories like earrings or necklaces, heels and purses.
Thanks for reading.
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged blog page, daylight, Fashion, H&M, hair, Happy, Hollister, instagram, jeans, lipsloss, MakeUp, mens wear, Moda, picture perfect, pose, post, shirts, Shoes, Sunday, Sunglasses, weekend, winter, womens wear, zara
Posted in Fashion
- Tagged Beautiful day, blogger, Blogueira, denim, destroyed denim, destroyed denim jacket, faboulous, Fashion, FashionBlogger, friends, funday, hair styles, jacket, little black dress, Love, Moda, New York City, NYC, Vacations, Wordpress
Posted in Fashion
- Tagged astral, autoestima, Beautiful day, beleza, best of the day, bloggers, blue, brown, fashion finds, holidays, lady, Love, Moda, modest, Montreal, outfits, Quebec, today, vacation, White, wine, women's clothing, women's fashion
Posted in Fashion, Uncategorized
- Tagged art, Beautiful day, bestoftheday, colourful, exploring, Fashion, get away, heels, jumpsuits, Love, me, Moda, Montreal, passion, shopping, social media, Wordpress, world traveller
Slip Dress A.k.a Cami Dress – H&M
Fitted T-shirt – Garage
High Heel Sandals – ZARA
Purse – H&M
Bracelets – Aldo
Slip Dress a.k.a Cami Dress over T-shirt Trend
Where have you been if you haven’t seen this trend? Fashion is all inspired by “night wear” lately. Just when we thought that slip or cami dresses were just for bed, designers were inspired to bring this fabric from the comfort of wearing at home to the streets.
This trend was very present in the 90s and now is back. You can be versatile with it by wearing it with not just high heels, but also with runners or even flat sandals. The slip dress is a very comfortable item to wear because of its fabric. It is nice and soft. But the down part is that this fabric gets wrinkly very fast. So you will need to iron it before wearing it, and as you sit down throughout the day this material tends to get even wrinkled.
I would say that when I saw this trend I wasn’t in love with it because I was seeing celebrities wearing it with t-shirts that weren’t fitted. I wouldn’t wear this loose dress with a loose t-shirt underneath. That is why I paired it with a more fitted t-shirt.
Remember to always put your spin on things you don’t need to stick so much with the trend.
As I always say FASHION HAS NO RULES!
Snow is for strong people!
Posted in Fashion
- Tagged amor, black, blogger, Fashion, Fashion cities, Fashion Week, Fim de semana, followers, instagram, little black dress, Love, Moda, novidades, NYC, ootd, Paris, PFW, Photography, Style, Toronto, trending, Vaidosa, Wordpress
FASHION HAS NO RULES!
Top: Forever 21
Posted in Fashion
- Tagged Blog, Blogueira, fall, Fashion, heels, jeans, LFW, Love, Moda, NYFW, Trends, White
Events like this require a really nice outfit. I had no idea what I was going to wear today. Ladies, how many times we have a place to go and “nothing” to wear? So this was me today! The green dress underneath my skirt it’s actually a bandage dress. I got the green bandage dress a long time ago at H&M. Eventually the dress started getting short on me and I love the style. Many thought that I was wearing a top or a body suit. It’s a dress!!! With fashion I believe comes creativity. We need to find ways on how to improvise our clothes when they are getting old or too short. I only get rid of my clothes after wearing them multiple times.
Rachel Sin collection really stood out for me today. Of all the shows that I have seen this week I felt like her line was the most colourful. Colours in her Spring Collection 2016 that stood out were corals, orange and white.
Hope you guys enjoy the post.
Underneath dress : H&M
Skirt: Banana Republic
Pumps: forever 21
Clutch: forever 21